Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Studio Table With Seth Apter

Sometimes when I'm walking through Hastings or Books A Million, I'll stop by the magazine rack and check out the art magazines.  There are lots of them, but my favorites are from the Stampington Company. Their Somerset Studios and Sew Somerset are my favorite, but they have probably a dozen different titles. One of the more interesting ones is Where Women Create.  It's full of the most amazing creative spaces.  The photos are just beautiful.  Unbelievable spaces.  No...I mean....really unbelievable. 

Those pristine places look like works of art but don't really look like anyone works *at* art there.  Art making is a messy business.  To prove that point, Seth Apter does an annual "Studio Table" post where working artists post photos of their work spaces while actual work is happening.

Several of us here at the Cre8ive Klatch shared our spaces.  I feel so much better now!

Take a look.

















And, of course, our host for the event 



1 comment:

Seth said...

So happy that you all participated. Thank you for taking part and for spreading the word!

Post a Comment