Monday, September 29, 2014

Getting to Know The Cre8ive Crew: Laney McDonald

Please give a warm round of applause to Laney!




She joins us from North Carolina. We asked her what her cre8ive passion is and she said, “Anything and everything colorful.  I really love stitching, by machine and by hand to create fiber/fabric art as well as crafting things to use such as bags, purses, aprons, pillows, quilts etc. I also enjoy curling up in the evenings with my sketchbook, markers and pens to make multicolored drawings.”

And we asked a few more questions so you could get to know her even better.

How often do you create?

Several  days a week unless it’s one of those times when I’m on a reading jag.  I seem to go in phases, reading for a while then creating for a while. I work full time so I am usually looking forward to the evenings and weekends when I can settle in create something.

How does it make you feel when you're creating something? 

Totally drawn in and time just flies by.  It’s also meditative and stress-relieving.

Describe your personality in three words.  

Quiet, creative, sensitive

How do you know when a piece is finished? 

It’s just a feeling I have. I just “know” – it is hard to explain.  Although sometimes I stop working on something for a while if I can’t figure out what it needs. Then later I may come back to it and know just what to do with it.

When/how did you realize your life had to have art in it? 

I have always loved everything creative and colorful since I was a little girl.  



Has being artistic changed your life or outlook in any way?  

I think being creative keeps me calm.

Give a couple of tips on how you stay organized. (This doesn't have to be about your art or studio, could just be life, office, kids...whatever) 

Making a list helps me keep organized and on track.  I like to make one at work every morning; I like to make a list if I have several things I want to get done over the weekend. It is very satisfying to mark things off the list as I do them!

What's your superpower?  

I love to find things when they are lost!

Do you believe that only some are creative or that everyone is creative in some way? Why? 

I believe that everyone is creative in one form or another.  There are so many ways to be creative – visual art, cooking, performing arts, home decorating, scrapbooking, gardening, etc.  The list is really endless.



Which side of the bed do you sleep on? Can you sleep if forced to change sides?  

Left.  Unless the cat is on the foot of the bed. Then I sleep on the diagonal.

If money were no object in what country, place, or on what planet would you live? ...and why?  

I have always loved the beach – there’s just something about the ocean and the salt air.


Whats your least favorite food? ...most favorite? 

The least favorite thing I have ever tried is snails; My favorite food is cake! (Unless it has nuts in it. Especially walnuts.  Although I love pecans in German Chocolate Cake icing). My favorite meal is steak, baked potato and a salad with French dressing.

Are you an introvert or extrovert? How do you feel about that? 

I am definitely an Introvert!  But I totally open up when I’m comfortable around people.  And I would say I’m happy about that.


More of Laney’s work can be found at:

Website: http://sugarplumpatchwork.com
Blog: http://sugarplumpatchwork.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/sugarplumpatchwork
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sugarplumpatchwork
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/laneymcdonald/

No comments:

Post a Comment