Friday, October 3, 2014

Getting To Know The Cre8ive Crew: Michelle Reynolds

Say Hello to Michelle Reynolds!


Michelle Reynolds


Michelle is from Perth, Western Australia and is passionate about gelli plate printing, acrylics and mixed media.

We asked her some other fun questions so we could get to know her better.

How often do you create?

I try to create several days a week, length of time depends on how much time I have - 30 mins to several hours.

 How does it make you feel when you're creating something?

Happy, I am totally focused on my art and don’t think about other responsibilities. I go off into my own little world.

When/how did you realize your life had to have art in it?

I have always been creative but found my passion in art in 2009.

Has being artistic changed your life or outlook in any way?

Yes, it has given me something to focus on other than my family.

How did you get started...who inspired you?

A friend encouraged me to take drawing classes, then I discovered acrylic paints, mixed media girls and intuitive layered paintings. Kelly Rae Roberts, Flora Bowley, Tamara Laporte.

Michelle Reynolds Art


If  you could hang out with any artist dead or alive who would it be and why?

Andrea Matus DeMeng

I’ve just discovered her work so she is my latest artist crush - her girls have many layers and vibrant colours.

 Do you believe that only some are creative or that everyone is creative in some way?

I believe everyone is creative or can be creative in some way.

Why?

Because there are so many different forms of creativity from gardening to cooking to decorating to carpentry.

If you could change your name what would it be?

Shells In the Bush or Shelly Beach.

Which side of the bed do you sleep on? Left Can you sleep if forced to change sides?

I don’t know.

Creativity Takes Courage


If money were no object in what country, place, or on what planet would you live? ...and why?

Michigan, USA with my art buddy Lin so we can be arty together and go to Art Prize at Grand Rapids each year or France because it’s very beautiful and near several other beautiful countries or Portland, Oregon, because it’s very arty there or in a small country village in Germany with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins.

Are you an introvert or extrovert?

In the middle. I’m quiet when getting to know people but when I feel comfortable with them then I’m more outgoing. I’m quite happy to be on my own especially at home but I enjoy meeting friends for coffee.

Choose an imaginary friend who would it be and why?

Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice because I really like her. If I was a child I would say Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie. 

For more about Michelle please explore her links:

Website: http://www.shellsinthebush.com
Blog: Shells In The Bush
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShellsintheBush
Instagram: ShellsintheBush
Twitter: https://twitter.com/shellsinthebush
Pinterest:http://www.pinterest.com/shellsinthebush/
Flickr:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/shellsinthebush/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+MichelleReynoldsshellsinthebush/posts


No comments:

Post a Comment