Thursday, October 9, 2014

Getting To Know The Cre8ive Crew: Linda Kay Kinnaman

Linda Kay Kinnaman is my name and art making is my game.

Hello Linda!!!  

Linda Kay Kinnaman


Let's dig deeper...

Linda is originally from South Bend, Indiana. She has lived and traveled all over the world and now makes her home in Bartlett, Illinois. She loves mixed media collage but also likes decorative painting and a bit of watercolor.

What kind of art is your passion?

I love mixed media collage but also likes decorative painting and a bit of watercolor.

How does it make you feel when you're creating something?

When I am really into the groove of creativity and making art that I am happy with, it feels like I am dancing. I usually have some music playing in the background and mostly stand when I work, so I actually do dance a bit sometimes.

 How do you know when a piece is finished?

I quite often struggle with this. There are always little tweaks to be done to a piece, but many times I just have to put my brush down and say, "Enough!"

When/how did you realize your life had to have art in it?

I have tried several careers, cashier/retail work, bookkeeping, administrative assistant, and it always comes back to art. I have even "given it up" a few times, but will find my creative thoughts never stop. I finally decided that I might as well stop fighting it and declare myself an Artist! 

Linda Collage


Hows has your view of life (art) changed over the last 5, 10 years? 20 Years?

I started out with the classic types of art--drawing, ceramics, fiber art--but found I always wanted to push their limits by adding something more into each. I found that after I could handle a medium well, I then needed either a new medium or a new challenge. When I started mixed media, it all fell together. I can now use just about anything in my work and make it blend together to create a piece of art that satisfies my need for the unconventional and unique. I no longer feel I have to limit myself.

Would you say your entire way of life is creative?
Yes, most definitely. I try to use creativity in everything I do.

If you could pick one tool or supply to do more experimenting with what would it be?
I have never tried encaustics and would really like to give it a try. I would need a bit of free time first, so it may have to wait a while.

Linda Painting



 If you could hang out with any artist dead or alive who would it be and why?
Oh there are SO many artists I would love to hang out with...but if I have to choose just one, it would be Georgia O'Keefe. She was the first artist I was influenced by, mostly because she was a woman who was successful in a male dominated business. She fascinated me. She painted big, bold, beautiful, lively, seductive, extraordinary art. She was not afraid to let her art speak of who she was and how she saw the world. She knew who she was and lived her life on her own terms.

If you could change your name what would it be?

I am actually thinking of doing this. Linda Kay was my birth name, always will have that name and think at this point in my life it is what I should be.

 If money were no object in what country, place, or on what planet would you live? ...and why?
I have been planning to move back to Florida, but if I could live anywhere, it would be Bali, Indonesia. There is such a beauty in the environment, culture and people that I think I could be quite happy there. 

Linda's Tag Art

Whats your least favorite food? ...most favorite?

Lease ~ okra. Favorite ~ Thai curries!

 Choose an imaginary friend who would it be and why?

My very first imaginary friend was a little Japanese girl who I played with, usually under the dining room table or behind the sofa. I think I would like to reconnect with her.

If we all came to your house for dinner what would you make for us?

Either Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry or Penang Curry.


That was fun! Want to know more? Click below for Linda’s site and information.




No comments:

Post a Comment