Monday, February 2, 2015

Cre8ive Kids Corner: Love Tree Tutorial by Kelly Corso

New and exciting to have Kelly Corso heading up our "Cre8ive Kid's Corner" with fun projects for children (or kids of any age!).



Valentines Day is sneaking up on us and I wanted to do a cute, quick, cheap and  easy project with my girls. They had off school on MLK Day and I drummed up this idea of a Love Tree. This is one you may enjoy doing with your children.
I picked all these materials up at the dollar store, how can you beat that? So, for approximately $5 we made these and have left over materials! This is what you will need:

-Red construction paper
-Plain white paper (any type will do)
-Glue stick
-Markers
-Foam heart stickers
-Glitter glue(totally optional but if your kids are like mine they are all about the glitter!!!)



All you have to do is:
- Cut a circle out of the white paper for the top of the tree.
   (I used the top of a pot to trace the circle)
-Glue the circle on the top of your red construction paper
-Draw a tree trunk- any style, anything goes!
- Start putting the hearts wherever you want them to go
Bada Bing! You got yourself a love tree!




I decided to be adventurous and do something I had never done before- film this adventure for you all to see! While I have a lot to learn, I'm pretty proud of our first little tutorial and you guys will get to watch us grow along the way. My girls had a great time as well!





One of the great things about making art with your children is that it creates a safe, relaxed environment to have a conversation with them. You begin creating these bonds early, talking about their feelings and thoughts on the world around them hopefully making a clear and open path for them to always come to you if they have something on their mind.

Hope you enjoyed our first video!

Now go out, make love trees with your kids and ask them what is on their minds- they just might surprise you!


Places you can find me:

Look for more Cre8ive Kid's corner Projects and chat about them with our Facebook group:


Cre8ive Klatch

2 comments:

Laney said...

Kelly - this is totally cute! Great idea. Can I come over and make Love Trees? :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Laney! It was fun. :-)

Post a Comment