Wednesday, February 11, 2015

String of Love: Simple Valentine's Decor by Kim Hyer

Every year February sneaks up and kisses me. I am unsuspecting...

I seem to always come back to this easy 1 hour project.

What you'll need:

A sewing machine
Heart shapes ( I use CM punches)
a old magazine
pink & red card stock

Here we go.....


Punch a few dozen shapes from a magazine. Do not worry about content or color. 

Just punch. Make a few from card stock for your exteriors and 
centers.


Take your pieces and stack them. Card stock on the front, back and center. You should have magazine pages (2 or 3) in between.


Line them up with the needle at the top point of the heart.


Stitch. I leave a machine top width between each heart. It is an easy measurement of about 6 inches.


I put 10 sets on a sting. I keep stitching between hearts because I like the twisted thread look.

  

Now fold the exterior pieces together against the thread.


One by one keep folding the magazine pages together. I do not fold the center card stock.


It will be a heart ball when you're done.
  

Do all ten pieces.
 

Then hang.


Now you have a festive little string of love.

I have used different shapes and sizes of this same approach for parties and other holidays.

Enjoy!

Kim 

Where to find me:






Make your String of Love then come over and post your pictures!!

Our Facebook Group Cre8ive Klatch


No comments:

Post a Comment