Friday, February 13, 2015

Getting To Know The Cre8ive Crew: Welcome New Member Karen Thomas


Please join me in welcoming Karen Thomas, artist and creator at Purpleberry Design

I live in a small Edwardian house in the leafy suburb of Mitcham (Melbourne, Australia) with my husband and twin boys.




What kind of art is your passion?

I am passionate about drawing and painting faces, and making cards and mini-books. I usually work in watercolour and coloured pencil am still learning about mixed media and have just discovered Copic markers!



How often do you create?

If I’m not creating everyday, I think about what I’m going to create.

How does it make you feel when you’re creating something?

When I’m in the zone and creating I feel that nothing can touch me and that there is nothing else in the world except the art that I am creating at that moment.



Describe your personality in three words.

Funny, quirky, dichotomy

What is your normal (bad word, none of us are normal) day like?

As the mother of twin boys my normal day can best be described as chaotic and busy but rarely dull!

What’s your superpower?

Sketching, I believe that I can sketch anything.



If you could hang out with any artist dead or alive who would it be and why?

Rudolf von Larisch, who was a Viennese lettering artist in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. I’ve just finished my Master of Arts thesis (38,000 words), which analysed his theories and discussed his under acknowledged contribution to modern graphic design theory. It would be nice to see if I was on the money.

What was your worst job?

Packing dried fruit into little bags, nearly sent me insane!

Which side of the bed do you sleep on? Can you sleep if forced to change sides?

Right and yes.

What’s your least favourite food? … most favourite?

brussel sprouts…asparagus.

Are you an introvert or extrovert? How do you feel about that?

I like to think of myself as a walking dichotomy. My Myer-Briggs profile is strongly extroverted (ENFP), but sometimes I want to crawl in a hole and not talk to anyone. I’m okay with that but it can confuse some people.



If we all came to your house for dinner what would you make for us?

Spaghetti with bacon, cherry tomato and asparagus topped with black pepper and grated Parmesan.

Find Karen at her blog, Pinterest and Etsy shop.

Give Karen a welcoming hello on our Facebook page:

No comments:

Post a Comment