Friday, March 27, 2015

Crockpot Beef Stew by Kelly Corso


I don't know about you guys but when I think of Crock-Pot I think of this old guy! It brings fond memories of my childhood and the smells in the house of the Crock-Pot simmering all day. My mom calling when we got home from school and telling us to add another ingredient and give it a stir. Now I love cooking in the Crock-Pot. It gives me more time for my creative endeavors. I have a quick and easy recipe for beef stew that you will love, even my girls love it!





You can change it around any way you like, adding, taking away or replacing with fresh ingredients.

Beef Stew
1lb stew meat, chuck
1 can red beans, rinsed
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can diced or sliced potatoes
1 can water chesnuts
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 package Lipton onion soup mix

First I chop up the meat in the size chunks I like and throw it in the skillet with olive oil and garlic to give it a good sear.
Next, put all the ingredients in the Crock-Pot with about 1 cup of water, enough to give it a good inch or so of coverage.
Turn it on high for the long cycle. (usually 6-8 hours)
You an always add more water if you prefer it to be soupier.
We usually like to eat it with a nice loaf of sourdough bread.

Yum, Yum! Enjoy!

Places you can find me:

Facebook

(our facebook group)

No comments:

Post a Comment