Have you gotten your papers and tape finished?
Here you go for binding all your pages!Imagine how cute these would be for gifts!
I'm Michelle Reynolds from www.shellsinthebush.com/ and the Cre8ive Klatch Team.
I'm here today to show you how to bind the pages you've created with the washi tape you've made into Little Books.
Part 1 showed you how to make different backgrounds and pages for your book.
Part 2 gave you some tips to make your own washi tape.
Part 3 binding the book together - no needles required!!!
1. Use a ruler to keep the pages lined, allow a small gap in between the pages to allow for bending.
2. Stick your washi tape down the spine.
3. Trim excess tape. Fold page over, add another page and stick more tape down the spine.
4. When the book gets too thick then tape one side at a time, flip the book over and place the page on the tape leaving a small gap. Continue on until you have finished all your pages.
5. The spine of the book will be all stick and will need covering. Measure the width of the spine.
6. Cut a piece of paper, not cardstock as it will be too thick and inflexible, the width and the length (add a little extra length, similiar to when the edges of the pages were taped) of the spine. Stick a strip of washi tape to each side of the paper.
7. Lay the spine on the table and place the book on the spine, leave a small gap between the book and the paper. Then fold over the spine towards the cover of the book.
8. Trim excess tape from your spine and your book is ready to write in, for doodling in, drawing in and decorating.
I hope you have fun creating your book. Please join our Cre8ive Klatch FaceBook Group and share your creations - I would be thrilled to see them and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
PS If you would like to buy some gelli prints to decorate your pages or in your art journal, for collage and mixed media art then check out my Etsy store for some great Gelli Print Packages.