Now you're in for a real treat!
This project will make you want to get started right now!!
I'm Michelle Reynolds from www.shellsinthebush.com/ and the Cre8ive Klatch Team.
I'm here today to show you how to make Little Books and to inspire you to create your own.
Part 1 will show you how to make different backgrounds and pages for your book.
Part 2 will give you some tips to make your own washi tape.
Part 3 we will be binding the book together - no needles required!!!
Supplies - will vary depending what you use to create your pages.
~ Index Cards or cardstock cut into 8" x 4" = 20cm x 10cm rectangles
1. Index cards which have been gelli printed and brayered - using the left over paint not needed on the gelli plate.
2. Index cards which have been sprayed with ink spray, you could place a stencil or mask on top first. From here you could stamp them, collage on them, leave them as is for journaling on or writing poetry or quotes.
3. If you have any punches then create some cut outs and glue them to the index cards. I decorated the hexagonals with a bee which is a free printable I found on Pinterest.
4. Glue paper napkins to index cards then add ephemera to make a picture. The ladies are free printables I found on Pinterest. Download them and put them onto a Word Document or Pages in Mac, you can them determine their size - I made mine 5-6 inches which leaves an inch above and below. I also added some lace and small doilies.
5. Glue book pages to index cards then decorate. Use vintage books or old dictionary pages. Decorate with paint, gesso, stamps, gel pens or washi tape.
Check out second hand book stores, garage sales, op shops or fairs for vintage books.
Three of the above pages were given to me in happy mail - where you swap ephemera and bits and pieces with others - postage stamps, punch cut outs, lace, washi tape etc. I joined a group earlier this year and have participated in many swaps and have three baskets of goodies - these are great to go through when looking for pieces to collage to your cards.
So there are some ideas of what you can do to decorate your pages for your little book. You could also choose a theme or just one way of doing your background too. You may wish to include some blank pages for writing on too if you have decorated both sides of the card.
How many pages? 10 - 15 is good
My next tutorial will show you how to make your own washi tape.
I hope you have fun creating your pages for your book. Please join our Cre8ive Klatch FaceBook Group and share your creations - I would be thrilled to see them and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
PS If you would like to buy some gelli prints to decorate your pages or in your art journal, for collage and mixed media art then check out my Etsy store for some great Gelli Print Packages.