Friday, January 16, 2015

Getting To Know The Cre8ive Crew: Welcome New Member Patti Pruhs

Please welcome our newest member to the fold!


Patti is a wonderful artist with a focus in stunning romantic jewelry and a business called Three Beads and a String.


Read on and get to know her better!



I love to surround myself with beauty in everything that I do. I love vintage, shabby chic, peonies, pearls, chandeliers, all things French, shopping, flea markets and white. I am a bit of an eclectic and love to decorate, garden, and repurpose things.

I lived the first 38 years of my life in Michigan and moved to Juneau, Alaska after meeting my (now) husband at my sisters wedding. We lived there for 5 years and moved to Arizona when my son was 4 years old.


What kind of art is your passion?  

I enjoy making any type of art but my passion is making jewelry. I also love to solder and bend wire into crusty crowns.   


How often do you create?

I create pretty much every day.  Not only is it a stress release for me, but it makes me feel whole. My sister was here visiting a few weeks ago and told my family that when we were young I was ALWAYS making something ~ that made me smile.   

How does it make you feel when you're creating something? 
I feel very content and peaceful. I’m in my own little world...exactly where I want to be. 
Describe your personality in three words.

Creative. thoughtful. funny. 

How do you know when a piece is finished? 

It’s never a question for me. I know by looking at it. It either needs something or it’s finished. 


When/how did you realize your life had to have art in it?

Probably when I was around 7 or 8 years old. I made and sold potholders in our neighborhood, embroidered little girls dresses for the ladies at church, made dried flower arrangements for my mom’s friends and would draw/paint/create every day. My mom always made sure I had all the supplies that I needed. I love her for that!

Would you say your entire way of life is creative? 

Definitely. From they way I dress, how I wear my hair, how I decorate my home, how I display the food on our plates…everything!

Tell us how your creativity blends over into the rest of your life?  

No matter where I’m at, I’m always thinking about what I could make out of everything that I see. I love finding what others would consider ‘junk’ and making something cool out of it. My sister-in-law once admitted to me that she was thinking to herself…”what in the world is she going to do with that?” After she saw what I made…she told me she was amazed. 



Whats your superpower?  

My intuition is pretty strong. Is that a superpower?

How did you get started...who inspired you?  

I don’t recall anyone inspiring me when I was young, but I got started making jewelry after complimenting a doctor on her two stretchy beaded bracelets. After telling me that she got them in Mexico for $1, I left her office and went directly to a bead store where I bought beads to make a necklace. The following week, I wore the necklace that I made to the appointment. She loved it so much that I gifted it to her for being my inspiration. I’ve been pretty much self taught ever since, other than a soldering class I took a few years ago.

Whats the worst job you ever had?  

I was an Office Administrator for an insurance company for 17 years. Sitting at a desk and dealing with the public for 8 hours a day is NOT my idea of fun. 

If money were no object in what country, place, or on what planet would you live? ...and why? 

I would live in France. I adore the architecture, the culture and their way of life. I would live in a little brick house with lavender everywhere, drink wine, eat baguettes and shop. Am I there yet? Ooh la la…

Whats your least favorite food? ...most favorite? 

My least favorite is anything raw such as muscles, clams or sushi. I think I’d die if I had to eat something that slid down my throat. My most favorite food is vegetables and rice and I crave it all the time.

Are you an introvert or extrovert? How do you feel about that? 

I’m an introvert. I’m rather shy and prefer to be alone. I’m perfectly fine with it and quite honestly, I wouldn’t want to be any other way. Give me peace and quiet…a few art supplies and I’m happy. 


If you could change your name what would it be? 

I always wanted to be called Trish.

Whats your most embarrassing moment? 

I was in downtown Toronto and walked over a grate on a busy sidewalk which blew my dress up over my head. What a funny and embarrassing moment ~ we laughed so hard! 

Tell us three things about yourself that others don’t readily know. 

My first ‘real’ drawing was of a naked man ~ I was in kindergarten. Hey ~ it was art. 
I don’t own a television.
I could live on French Burnt Peanuts and wine.



You can find out more about me at the following places: 

FacebookInstagram @Three Beads and a StringTwitter @PattiPruhsMy Etsy shop PinterestGoogle+: Patti Pruhs


Come join the conversation at our Facebook :

Cre8ive Klatch




1 comment:

Janet said...

Even though I've "known" you for years, it was nice to hear these new little things I didn't know! Welcome to the fold!

Post a Comment